Nursery Art: Watercolor & W Plus 9 Unforgettable

Hi all!  Today I want to share a piece of customized nursery art I made for a friend's little girl.  It was Lily's second birthday and I wanted to make her something she could display for a few years to come.

I used the adorable and versatile new stamp set Unforgettable by W Plus 9. It features several cute little elephants and many elements you can combine with them to set a scene.  For this piece I used Antique Linen Distress Ink to stamp the images and then watercolored them with Distress Inks. The light base color blended out and left a soft, no-line look perfect for a nursery.  For more on this technique check out Kristina Werner's blog and YouTube videos. She's a genius!

To personalize my finished watercolor piece I added Lily's name in Antique Linen and created a mat for it out of chipboard using my Cricut Explore. I then adhered scrapbook paper to the mat and added a sweet little rub-on sentiment.  Last,  I added some Wink of Stella to the balloon.

I hope you enjoyed this project!  Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again soon!

No comments

Post a Comment