CTMH & TAWS: A Masculine Thank You


Happy Father's Day!  I thought I'd share a masculine card in honor of all the fabulous men out there that are being celebrated today.  I am very blessed to have a father, father-in-law, and husband that are shining examples of what a dad should be.  Love to you all!


For my card today I started with a side folding A2 card base cut from some gray cardstock (I've had this cardstock forever and cannot for the life of me remember what brand it is). I then took the stamp set Thanks by Inkadinkado that has all of these fabulous thank you sentiments in all different fonts.  I started stamping them all over the front of my card base to create a text background. I used Hippo ink by Lawn Fawn for a tone-on-tone look.


Now, let me take a moment and explain that this card was requested by my husband to give to a friend as a thank you for helping him out at his high school theater program.  Hubby's friend wrote, directed, and starred in the spring show at the high school (immensely talented fella, this one)!  His character in that show was Vice Principal Poseidon and spoke mainly in water related puns - I'm DOLPHIN-ately not kidding!  So I decided to bust out my brand new (at the time) set from The Alley Way stamps, Something's Fishy.


I colored this shark dude using my cool gray Copic markers and then used the wave in the stamp set to turn my text background into a sea of thanks!  The sentiment is from the Close To My Heart Balloon Talk stamp set (I am LOVING their products - if you haven't already you have to check them out!) and the bubbles are from the same TAWS stamp set as the shark.  The waves, bubbles, and sentiment are stamped in Deep Sea Lawn Fawn ink.  The shark and sentiment are popped up using some Scotch foam tape.  A little Wink of Stella on my bubbles and this card is finished!

I hope you enjoyed this masculine version of a thank you card!  I appreciate you taking some time out of your Father's Day to stop by and create with me!  Don't forget to visit my Close To My Heart website for some fabulous inspiration!  See you next time! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUPPLIES:
  • The Alley Way Stamps Something's Fishy stamp set
  • Inkadinkado Thanks stamp set
  • Close To My Heart Balloon Talk S1404 stamp set
  • Lawn Fawn Hippo ink
  • Lawn Fawn Deep Sea ink
  • White Singo Uniball Gel pen
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen
  • Scotch Foam Tape
  • Copic markers C1, C3, C7, 0








2 comments