Unity {be inspired} #11: Pretty Paper Flowers

Welcome to another Unity {be inspired} Challenge post! The color challenge this month gave me fabulous, bright, springtime, happy feelings so I decided to run with it and create a card using some scrap paper I had left over from other projects.  All of the papers I used are by Doodlebug (except for one tiny scrap of Lawn Fawn) and their papers always bring a smile to my face!


I selected a large sentiment stamp from the Unity February 2015 Kit of the Month: Happiness Looks Gorgeous and stamped it on some Neena cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I trimmed it down, not really measuring but eyeballing the size I wanted, and then used an edge punch to make it look like it was torn from a little notebook.  I then colored in the bubbles in the font with my Copic markers and used my black Gelly Roll pen to add some doodle lines around the edge.  I really wanted it to feel like it was scribbled as daydreams wafted through your mind!  Finally, I used some scraps of cardstock and vellum to create some little banners and used my Crop-a-dile to attach them to the top corner of my sentiment piece.  The whole thing is finished off with a little Wink of Stella on all the colored areas.

For the card base I used Neena 110 lb Solar White to create an A2 side folding card.  I partially dry embossed the inside by cutting a piece of craft foam to the exact size I wanted embossed and using that instead of my top plate when I ran it through my big shot.  This way, there was only pressure on the cardstock where the craft foam was and only part of the surface was embossed with the sweet little hearts.  I added a panel of patterned cardstock to the front of the card and then used a scalloped border die from Lawn Fawn to cut about a quarter inch off the front of the card so you can see the pretty embossing from the front.  I really love this aspect of this design!  It's really unique and fun!

I used more cardstock scraps and some Teal Shimmer Trim from Close to My Heart to create a whimsical background for my sentiment panel.  The panel is mounted using Scotch Foam Tape and surrounded by some super teeny, dainty little die cut flowers (that were a total pain to put together but worth it in the end!).  I threw on some Doodlebug Sprinkles enamel dots to tie it all together.

This was my first time using the little flower die cuts as well as the notebook edge punch and Shimmer Trim and I'm super happy about how it turned out!  I hope you enjoyed today's project.  I have listed the supplies below if you're interested in anything I used.  I would love to hear your feedback so please leave a comment and subscribe to see what fun we can get up to next!  Thanks and have a great night!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUPPLIES:
  • Doodlebug Springtime and Hello Sunshine 6x6 paper pads
  • Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Mon Amie 6x6 paper pad
  • Unity Stamp Co. February 2015 Kit of the Month: Happiness Looks Gorgeous
  • Black Gelly Roll pen
  • Doodlebug Sprinkles Bright Glitter Assortment
  • Close To My Heart Teal Shimmer Trim
  • Cuttlebug Cross My Heart 5x7 embossing folder
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Borders dies
  • Impression Obsession flower dies (DIE042-I)
  • Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
  • Crop-a-dile
  • Fiskars Teresa Collins Edition paper notebook edge punch
  • Copic markers Y13, B04, RV55, RV52, BV11, BV17, YG06
  • Neena 110 lb Solar White Cardstock 
  • Tombow Adhesive
  • Multi Medium Matte
  • Scotch Foam Tape

 

No comments

Post a Comment