VIDEO: Feathers of the Rainbow ~ Emboss Resist Background & Double Pane Shaker Window featuring Lawn Fawn Feathered Friend

Hi there!  Today I have a video for you that I have been trying to post all week but due to technical difficulties and time constraints have not been able to make it happen!  But, persistence is key and I finally have this lovely project to share with you all!


I used the Lawn Fawn Feathered friend stamp set from the Simon Says Stamp exclusive Stamptember release from last year (can you believe we're almost in September again???)and several colors of Distress Inks to create a vibrant, rainbow background for the front of my double pane shaker card.  This card was originally intended for a Lawnscaping Challenge with a rainbow inspiration but alas, due to the aforementioned technical delays I didn't make the deadline.  No worries though because I was still inspired and that is the whole point!


I made a shaker card like this for a friend's birthday a few months back and I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on Pinterest for the design so I really wanted to do a tutorial to show how I made this cute double paned window that allows you to look through all the pretty shakeys right at the happiness on the inside of the card.


This video will tell you all about it!  If you're interested in any of the supplies that I used I will list them all below.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Stay tuned tomorrow for the Growing in Unity Blog Hop where I will feature a SUPER take on the shaker card (wink, wink)!  Bye!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUPPLIES
  • Distress Inks in Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, and Mustard Seed
  • Lawn Fawn Feathered Friends stamp set
  • Martha Stewart Confetti from the SSS August Card Kit
  • Scotch Foam Tape
  • ATG gun
  • VersaMark ink
  • Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
  • Acetate x2
  • Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper
  • Tim Holtz Mini Distress Ink Blending Tools
  • Canson Cold Press Watercolor paper
  • Neena Solar White 110 lb cardstock
 

No comments

Post a Comment