VIDEO: Handmade Holiday 2015: Day 7 ~ Die Cut Shaker Card featuring PPP & Lawn Fawn

Hi there and happy Monday to you all!  I'm finally getting back in the swing of things here in my craft room after being gone for two weeks!  Today's project was really fun to make and totally evolved from a really simple concept into a shaker card using craft foam die cuts!  Does that ever happen to you all?  You start with one idea and once you get going the creative juices just start flowing and before you know it, you've created something completely different than you set out to??  It's one of my favorite things.  Love that inspiration rush!


Today I used the adorable Toboggan Together stamp set from Lawn Fawn along with a whole bunch of dies from Lawn Fawn (all supplies are listed below).  To create the adorable shaker element I used the Stitched Filmstrip die from Pretty Pink Posh. Originally this was just going to be a simple winter scene with some pretty patterned papers and cute critters but as I got going I thought it would be fun to add some sparkle and then that led to a shaker filmstrip!


To create my shaker I used the same Stitched Filmstrip die that I used to cut my Neenah Solar White cardstock on some 4mm craft foam.  I ran it through my Big Shot using the same sandwich I did for the cardstock.  I did run it back and forth a couple of times, just to be sure it would cut all the way through, and it did with no problems at all!  The foam die cut then fit perfectly behind the Neenah die cut and allowed me to fill each shaker window in the filmstrip individually, adding to the look of a recent snowfall.


I hope you enjoyed today's project!  Check out the video for a full tutorial.  I've listed the products I used below and linked to TupeloDesignsLLC when possible.  I'll see you again on Wednesday for my first video as the December Guest Designer for Paper Smooches!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great night! Bye!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES
Links are to TupeloDesignsLLC

1 comment